Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) Empty
PostSubject: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 3:16 pm

WOLF SPIRIT
Desert Sage, Pinyon Pine & Resin, Conifers, Cedar, Vetiver, Palo Santo, Soft Incense, Frankincense, Fur & Juniperl

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Wolf Spirit features notes of desert sage, pinyon pine and resin, conifers, cedar, vetiver, palo santo, soft incense, frankincense, fur and juniper. It opens with the coniferous notes, sage and palo santo and dries down to a soft, lovely, cedarwood, vetiver and incense blend with a hint of fur. It is a very snuggly, warm, woody incense fragrance. Contains many essential oils including a variety of vetivers, frankincense resins, pine, spruce, muhuhu, copal bark and so much more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Aerie

PostSubject: Re: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Wolf Spirit is one of my favourites from the Winter 2015 release. It's really well blended so it's hard to identify notes, but I find that the description is pretty spot on - it really smells forest like, with fresh green pine and deep mossy woods. The palo santo is expertly integrated into this scent - even though I'm well familiar with palo santo, I didn't detect it in the blend immediately. Combined with the other notes, the palo santo almost gives an effect remiscent of cannabis. Wolf Spirit is incredibly complex and unique, the quality of the ingredients is evident. I highly recommend trying this one if you're into unusual, niche/artisan type woody/green/oudy/cannabis scents.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Wolf Spirit is really off-putting to me. I smell evergreen branches and a skunky, sour, acrid, green smokiness that I couldn't place until I read Aerie's review. The sour, smoky green in this does remind me of pot smoke (one of my brothers smokes all the time and the scent just makes me ill). Something in this also smells strongly of anise on my skin.

I love the sounds of this one from the description, but it falls into a weird anise, skunky pot smoke, and sour evergreen branches smell on me.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:48 am

I do love it when a fragrance uses ingredients that I am not familiar with and pushes my scent memories in new directions. Wolf Spirit is definitely one of these types of scents, and I would like to thank Angela for such an unusual combination of notes. Juniper, Vetiver and Frankincense are detectable and familiar, though incredibly well blended and subtle. It is the combination of other notes that is so fascinating to me because they are all new to me.

My first thoughts were that Wolf Spirit could be part of the Woodlands collection, but the setting seems quite different. It is a much drier fragrance and definitely has a "fur" note suggested. The sillage is very good probably, as "Aerie" suggests because of the quality of the ingredients. Very atmospheric and unusual and yet still sophisticated for a woman or a man. The name "Wolf Spirit" I find particularly apt as this fragrance captures the etherial realm of wolves rather than the visceral reality of a pack. Beautifully and subtly done.
Back to top Go down
mollyr

mollyr

PostSubject: Re: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Another winner in this EDP batch, wow. I’m loving this. I smell many a wood, some in a fresh, conifer-needle way and some in an aged lumber way. There’s a note almost like camphor too, something crisp and clean and hinting at minty; the desert sage maybe, a smell I love. There’s also a slight sweetness in a way that reminds me of cola or root beer. There are just lots of notes that feel really familiar and dear to me but which I can’t quite separate and pin down yet, though perhaps as I wear it longer I’ll tease them out. I just know I find the resulting mix magical and comfy and a definite hit with my chemistry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)   WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP) Empty

Back to top Go down

WOLF SPIRIT (General Catalog Premium 5 ml and EDP)
Page 1 of 1