Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)

Go down 
+9
considerthelilies
dannie528
frckls
zombiesonacid
WillowMetals
s.supreme
Ross W
rinster
Solstice Scents
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) Empty
PostSubject: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:07 am

CONJURE
A Magical Blend of Vanilla, Amber, Cedar, Spices & Cauldron Smoke

Conjure is offered as a part of the General Catalog in Perfume, Ganache, Glace and Whipped Soap

Description: Conjure is a very soft and magical incensey blend consisting of 16 fragrance and essential oils including several mild non-foody vanillas, golden amber, labdanum absolute and warm cedar with a faint wisp of cauldron smoke, allspice EO, Sandalwood EO and FO, Moroccan Rose EO, guaiacwood, agarwood and several other special supporting notes. The scent on the skin is a combination of sweet woods, incense, spices and a touch of smoke. It is very sexy, mysterious and intriguing. Unisex.

*Conjure has been reformulated from the original version. It is very similar, especially on the dry down, but it is a little smoother and slightly softer. One of the primary oils in this blend was discontinued by a supplier so I have modified it to contain many of the original oils along with a few additional notes.

CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) Conjur11
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

This is very much like the original, but maybe a tad sweeter and less cedar-y? I can't make up my mind which version I like better--both have their good points. For folks who missed out the first time around, this is a very close substitute.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Well this one is certainly about subtlety and beauty - very well constructed and attractive. I am reminded of Agnes Martin's minimalist paintings of how I perceive this. Serene, evocative and quiet. While my own tastes go for the stronger fragrances, I can see that this would have enormous appeal for people who desire an aura of perfume. Very soft and very delightful that you have blended incredibly well. It forms a lovely 'whole' in which I am unable to pull out the components it is so well composed. I have worn it three times at different strengths - all of them have been similar in effect. Sinks into the skin and blends with your own body scent very well. Like a whispered secret shared between you and your lover.
Back to top Go down
s.supreme

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 pm

I think this reformulation of conjure is very close to the original. I love the sweet and resinous amber notes.
Back to top Go down
WillowMetals

WillowMetals

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

This fragrance is one of my all time top SS favorites!

In this scent I detect the gorgeous sweet resinous scent of Amber. Behind the amber is a sweetness which I think is Vanilla. It isn't buttercream sweet, but sensual, a very sexy sweetness. Dear and cauldron smoke make this fragrance perfection.

This is a must have for lovers of resinous and incense types of scents.

AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowmetals.etsy.com
zombiesonacid

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 am

I never tried the previous formulation of Conjure but I quite like this one. I don't know how to describe it but it's resiny woodish vanilla-y and the dry down is awesome as thats when the vanilla and sweeter parts come out. I wish the sillage is bigger though but this is my personal preference.
Back to top Go down
frckls

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I have never tried the original formula, so I can't compare.

However, this is amazing on its own merit.
The opening was very smoky and spicy and then mellowed down to sweet smoke, which was lovely but just a tad bit too powdery for my taste, yet somehow I still like it. Very nice it's all smoky spicy and sweet. Silage was medium-big and longevity was quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
dannie528

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 1:42 pm

For me the smokiness comes out a lot. Then the woods. Thus, I get smokey woods with a hint of vanilla. However, in the dry down the woods and smoke disappear and the vanilla lingers. I agree that it is very pretty, but also on the subtle side. Initially I applied just the oil to my pulse points and could barely smell it at all unless I held my wrist up to my nose. Then I decided to try layering it. I put a few drops in some unscented lotion, and also applied the oil to my pulse points. That did the trick initially, but after a few hours it had waned significantly. Furthermore, once in the dry down phase (where only vanilla remains) it becomes barely detectable, even with the layering. The longevity of Conjure is great, it just doesn't have a lot of silage. Thus, a pretty scent for those who prefer woodsy fragrances that stay close to the body.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I don't get much of the cedar, but I'm sure it's in there adding to the other notes! I get the vanilla, amber, and smoke, with the amber taking center stage. It's warm and sweet and sexy and comforting, and I think I'll be using this pretty often come fall!
Back to top Go down
pandora360

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:23 pm

This is such a beautiful scent... I can vaguely smell the cedar, but it really makes me think of incense smoke. Like if I held my hand over a stick of burning incense, how my skin would smell after. Lovely! This was my sample request, but it's an instant purchase for me!
Back to top Go down
Aerie

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:55 am

This is the perfect scent. If I had to have a signature, that I could wear every day and not get tired of, that I could wear in every setting, it would be Conjure. It's a very "white" feeling scent to me. The vanilla, Amber, and faint smoke blend seamlessly and the overall effect is incredibly beautiful. It's thankfully not overly sweet. I picture old Golden Age Hollywood film stars wearing this!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:56 am

Conjure is such a warm, pretty, plush vanilla & amber. I was worried about the smoke, but there's just a trail of soft incense smoke at the edges. I was also worried about the spices, but this isn't spicy on me at all. It's golden, slightly powdery amber with a vanilla that smells womanly and not overly sweet. Creamy, but also dry. The amber has woody undertones.

This scent mostly just smells very golden and soft to me. I keep thinking of clouds dusted with gold powder and the feel of buttery suede when I smell this, but it's also so cozy and warm. And I find this to be classy rather than headshoppy, which is rare for a vanilla & amber oil.

I don't remember liking Conjure when I originally tried it (maybe before it was reformulated?), but this is so smooth and beautiful on me now. Golden and elegant.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) EmptyWed May 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Conjure was recommended to me from someone on FB when I said I loved SS's vanilla scents. While it's compelling, and I keep sniffing my arm for some reason, it goes very powdery on me and I'm torn between liking it or not. It is very soft and wears like a skin scent, but it is strong once I sniff it up close. It almost itches my nose a bit, if that makes sense. I can see why this is so popular, but it doesn't quite work on my skin. I don't pick up on any of the smokiness or incense like others do. However...Estate Vanilla, Manor, Vanilla Pipe Tobacco, and White Fox are FAB, so if you're looking for a vanilla-based scent, check those out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)   CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

CONJURE (General Catalog - Reformulated 2013)
Page 1 of 1