Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)

Go down 
+6
rinster
Ross W
MericP
Liber Vix
jeng
Solstice Scents
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) Empty
PostSubject: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:17 pm

SNOWMINT MALLOW
Peppermint, Vanilla Cake, Flaked Coconut, Sugar Cookies & Marshmallow Creme

Offered as part of the Winter 2013 Collection as a perfume

Snowmint Mallow is subtle yet sweet and cakey blend featuring cool creamy peppermint, vanilla cake, white flaked coconut, fresh baked cookies and a dollop of marshmallow creme. On cold sniff and initial application, each of the notes are detectable with the peppermint floating on the top. The peppermint is a top note and therefore its presence is short lived. Snowmint Mallow quickly evolves into a gourmand delight of mouthwatering fluffy vanilla cake, sugar cookies, coconut and mallow. Past initial application, Snowmint Mallow snuggles in close to the skin. Whiffs of coconut, cookies and cake will be had occasionally but since this fragrance wears closer in your aura, it makes for a perfect subtle sweet scent for the workplace or for when you'd like to smell good but not too heavy. It also makes for a really cozy and comforting fragrance to wear just before bed. This heavenly fluffy foody fragrance is especially recommended to those who love cake and cookie scents.

SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) Snowmi10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
jeng

jeng

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 am

I tried this perfume sample twice and it did the exact same thing on me both times. Mint>vanilla>plastic vanilla>marshmallow. That plastic thing happened both times, but went away in a few minutes. I find that so odd, lol. Anyway, I knew i'd like something with vanilla, coconut and mint. I sniffed my wrists continually as I wore it, but thought I would prefer it in ganache or soap. Alas, it is not to be made in other applications...sad.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I got this as a sample and honestly wasn't expecting much, it sounded a little boring to me. But I love it! It's fresh and sparkling and warm and gourmand all at once, and isn't too heavy or cloying. Definitely work safe. The mint is sort of a cool, creamy Andes mint, which I normally don't like at all, but I think the marshmallow, coconut (which is quite subtle) and cookie elements make it work for me. It does linger close to the skin and I do wish it was available in other formats, but it's soft enough that probably any kind of light, vanilla, foodie based lotion would not clash with it.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
MericP

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:35 am

I absolutely love this fragrance. I thought I would based on the description, as I love mint, coconut and gourmand scents in general. I just didn't realize how MUCH I would like it. I've been wearing it (and re-applying) at work for a month now and there isn't a day that someone doesn't compliment me on how I am smelling.

The fragrance wears very close to the skin and isn't super cloying which is nice because I'm around people all the time while I'm working. The note I love the best (the mint) fades quite quickly and is chased by the cake, marshmallow and coconut notes which are the ones that linger (softly) on the skin. This scent manages to smell like the richest vanilla cake while at the same time smells sexy as well. I've been told I smell like coconuts and sugar cookies. Some say I smell like Andes chocolates. And others think I smell like marshmallows and mint. So as you can imagine, all the notes are there and they play together quite well.

I LOVE this. Get a sample if you aren't sure - but definitely give it a try if you love foodie scents. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:19 am

Angela has such a truthful and evocative way of describing her products that I often struggle to come up with anything better. This is certainly true of Snowmint Mallow. It is confectionary personified and has echos of classic coconut ice with the coconut and vanilla and the sweetness of sugar providing the paving for your (I want to say "mind's eye", but probably should the phrase "mind's nose" or "mind's taste" is more correct). The mint is lovely and not too strong and provides an apt balance to the coconut with it's touch of sharpness.

The fragrance does indeed become more biscuit-like over time as it dies down to an intimate scent - though surprisingly on my skin never a skin scent.

It is like a number of Solstice's foodie scents a light hearted fragrance to wear and would be a great children's fragrance as well as one suitable for casual gatherings or (and you may well detect memories of my childhood here) traveling in a car with fellow passengers. Each of the ingredients is soothing and reminiscent of good times.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:53 am

It seems like every perfume etailer has their own version of vanilla peppermint, but the addition of the coconut and marshmallow make this one very different and my favorite.  This is comforting and soft, and like others have said, very suitable for a variety of situations where stronger perfumes may be inappropriate.

Last edited by rinster on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I'm clearly senile and need to proofread better)
Back to top Go down
theredkilt

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:10 pm

I kick myself for not buying this blend when it came out. You get a vanilla minty cookie with coconut shavings. Very delicious and unobtrusive.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:44 pm

This one was not love at first sniff for me. At first it's very minty with a bit of a strange edge to it that I didn't necessarily dislike, but it was odd. I wasn't sure about this scent and almost regretted buying a full bottle blind. But the longer I wore it, I began to really like it. As the strong mint fades so does the weird smell and then it's just a faintly minty, cake-like, marshmallowy, coconutty delicious smelling scent! I keep getting wafts of the most wonderful marshmallow scent, and the way this perfume swirls around me is gorgeous and I've already gotten compliments! It's more subtle than Snowshoe Pass but has a similar feel to me, though I like Snowmint mallow much better. I definitely smell all the notes in there, and it's really a delicious perfume Smile
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 pm

This scent was a bit of a letdown for me. My coworker wears this and I smell mint, cake, and vanilla in wafts. It's lovely when I put it on, but my skin sometimes tends to do sad things to coconut, and unfortunately this turns into a minty sunscreen with very little cake at all! I liked it enough to buy a full bottle, but if the coconut wasn't present I'd love it even more. I'd still recommend this scent though; it's soft, comforting, and lovely.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:44 am

Snowmint Mallow smells absolutely amazing on me. Mint can sometimes be medicinal or too reminiscent of mouthwash for me, but this is a perfectly foodie, buttery, vanilla mint that makes me think of white chocolate bark with little pieces of candy canes in it. The creamy cake, warm sugar cookie and hint of toasted coconut smell so delicious.
This is like the perfect Christmas dessert buffet - white chocolate candy cane bark, thin mint girl scout cookies, vanilla cream cakes, plates of sugar cookies, and a hint of toasted coconut offerings.
So much yum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)   SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

SNOWMINT MALLOW (Winter 2013)
Page 1 of 1