Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)

Go down 
+4
Sweetkitty
Ross W
Loraphant
Solstice Scents
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) Empty
PostSubject: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:21 pm

BUTTERED RUM MALLOW
Rum, Marshmallow, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Clove, Butter, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Brown Sugar & All Spice

NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Offered as part of the Winter Collection in perfume.

Buttered Rum Mallow smells of spiced rum swirled with marshmallow and brown sugar. On cold sniff and initial application, the rum, cardamom and nutmeg are the most prominent notes, followed quickly by the clove. The heavy winter spices and rum are tempered with the butter, brown sugar and marshmallow and this fragrance will become a bit sweeter the longer it is on the skin. It evokes the mood of being snuggled in a warm sweater, curled up with a hot mug of your favorite holiday drink in the presence of a roaring fire while everyone is asleep and inches of snow blanket the ground outside. Buttered Rum Mallow is a foody blend at the core but it is really dark, sophisticated and rich as well. This is a gourmand fragrance unlike the sweeter cake and mallow counterparts and may be one men will also enjoy.

Buttered Rum Mallow contains a blend of rum, marshmallow, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and amber with essential oils of cardamom, nutmeg, clove and all spice.

BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) Butter10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Loraphant

Loraphant

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 am

I feel kind of like an ass because I'm writing reviews starting with this year's winter scents, of which I bought 4 full sized bottles unsniffed, and I'm starting every review with "I stupidly bought a full bottle of this review unsniffed..." Anyways, moving on... of the 4 scents I bought full sized, 3 were misses for me, and this was the biggest miss out of all of them.

This smells like straight up potpourri on me. Kind of like the back of a Michael's crafts store. I'm sure if I tried really, really, realllyyyyy hard I might be able to make out the notes, but alas I gave this away to a friend because I really couldn't stand it lol. I know that scents are extremely personal, and that they can be connected to memories for some, and a lot of times these are heartwarming, touching stories that make you feel warm and fuzzy. Unfortunately, in my case, it isn't. when I was really young, I used to live in a large house in the mountains where rattlesnakes, tarantulas, and the like ran abundant. My mom used to keep potpourri in the walkway area. A more recent memory are multiple trips to Michael's crafts store due to Middle & High school projects. Like, spending (wasting) $40+ on materials to make a 3D Styrofoam cell model of an animal cell for bio.

I will say though, that I was unable to smell the rum, marshmallow, butter, vanilla, or brown sugar at all. There was really nothing gourmand or foodie about the scent for me, which was disappointing as I'm a foodie person. For some reason, SS' mallow scent doesn't work for me and ends up smelling quite synthetic and play dough-y (at least, of the ones I've tried, which include this one, Rose Mallow Cream, & Cocoa Mallow), but this time I couldn't even smell it, which I wish I would have so it would have sweetened the scent up. Again, just straight up poupourri. It was also quite a linear scent. Generally, Angela's scent descriptions are scary accurate for me, but this just didn't work at all for me, I kind of hated it lol (yes, I know everyone has different skin chemistry, etc. Hopefully this worked out better for others...)
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

An altogether lifelike and wonderful scent . Buttered Rum Mallow definitely delivers a punch in the opening notes and the Rum shines very clearly as the star of the show. It is certainly a rich fragrance with a definite alcoholic characteristic from the Rum. If you are wanting something tame, sweet and foodie, this is not it, but if like me you are enthralled by the strong and slightly darker nuances, then give this a go - like an adult version of the popular Solstice Eggnog.

The fragrance tones down after about 15 minutes although it remains a true Buttered Rum scent for it's considerable duration which for me was about six hours (though there was a hint still on my skin at the 20 hour mark). I agree with Angela that it will appeal to men as well and would recommend to anyone who enjoys hints of cardamon and nutmeg.
Back to top Go down
Sweetkitty

Sweetkitty

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:25 am

I have to agree with many points in Loraphant's review, I also bought this one full sized without smelling it first, and I have to say it was a miss for me. I have to admit I was convinced that I was a die hard foodie type, seeing as I am a baker and all...but I guess I was just lying to myself. It does smell delicious, although I can understand why she (Loraphant) suggested it smelled like potpourri, it also reminds me of buttery sweet cinnamon hearts as it has quite some spice to it. Anyways, it wasn't for me and I feel guilty a full sized perfume in my collection that doesn't work for me. xo
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:20 pm

I echo Ross's comment on this being similar to the Egg Nog scent . It's very rich, sweet, and a little spicy. Fans of Rum Raisins and Rice Pudding will also like this one.
Back to top Go down
theredkilt

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 pm

I have a sample of this. Once it hit my skin, all i could smell was Gingerbread, maybe because of the spices. I couldn't tell how buttered rum smells, cause i've never tried it. I'm happy with my sample and will use it up when November comes.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I should have known that this wouldn't work for me, but I still had to give it a go. Buttered rum? MARSHMALLOW? I neeeed dis. Sadly I was right, and all I get after application is spice and spice and spice, because that's what my skin does. Oh well, I like spices anyhow, so this will still get a bit of love from me this winter. Smile
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Like many others, I thought I needed this. I love buttered rum! So smooth and decadent. This scent IS lovely, but much spicier than I anticipated! Very cinnamon and cardamom heavy, there's a hint of rum, but I don't get the marshmallow at all; then again my skin seems to eat up specific marshmallow scents, sadly. Unisex, spicy.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Spices tend to amp up on my skin, so this is attack of the cinnamon on me, lol. I do get the buttery, creamy vanilla-marshmallow smell in the drydown, though, softening the spices a bit. A very spicy-sweet fragrance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)   BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

BUTTERED RUM MALLOW (Winter 2013)
Page 1 of 1