Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:33 pm

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT
White Amber, Fir, Somalian Frankincense, Elemi, Bayberry, Spruce, Amber, Peppermint, A Puff Of Incense, Edge of the Night Base

Offered as part of the General Catalog in perfume, ganache, glace and whipped soap.

The still night wood, blanketed in snow. Absolute frozen silence lit by the full Cold Moon. Conifers, resins, white amber, bayberry, snow, amber and a puff of incense wrap around a core of our Edge of the Night fragrance. The result is a coniferous forest scent with wisps of cold air, frankincense and winter woods. Shadows in the Night starts out with a strong blend of very smooth spruce and fir mingling with the frankincense and Elemi. After a few minutes on the skin, the white amber and mint provide lift that gives the sense of moonlight and snow. Though Shadows contains peppermint, the fragrance itself is not minty at all. The blend is wintery, woodsy, cool and complex. If you have enjoyed our other woodsy fragrances such as Enchanted Forest, Outpost and Shoikan Grove, you may enjoy Shadows in the Night. It is completely unique compared to the aforementioned scents but it contains some similar notes. Unisex.

Shadows in the Night is the third offering in 'The Night' line. When crafting Edge of the Night, it was clear that it was a fragrance that could stand on its own but also one that would make an incredible darkly sensual foundation for other oils. Used as a base for Shadows in the Night, the end result is a sophisticated unisex fragrance which contains a total of 32 fragrance and essential oils. Though you can detect Edge of the Night carefully woven into the Shadows in the Night blend, Shadows in the Night is its own unique woodsy, coniferous, haunting fragrance. The Edge of the Night fragrance worn alone manifests a deeper, musky, powdery dry down with a green lift and is mildly spicy as compared to Shadows. After several hours of wear, the two fragrances share a similar character though Shadows maintains a lighter character due to the white amber and continued to maintain a slightly foresty edge.

The notes in the Edge of the Night base for this fragrance include: amber, oakmoss, aged patchouli, bergamot, black vanilla, red musk, buddha wood, organic clove EO, star anise EO, cinnamon and a nominal amount of lavender absolute and agarwood.

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Shadow10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:46 am

A soft wonderful scent, gentle and fascinating. I am struck by the levels and complexities of Shadows in the Night. I have to admit that I am not familiar at all with the fragrance Edge of the Night which I believe was used as a base for this particular variation. So this review should be considered as a stand alone review. I detect in the opening the coniferous notes, but they do not dominate. Rather they add an unusual level of contrast to the warm base. After a few minutes the mint emerges making an unusual interplay of green and fresh camphor top notes to a warm set of base notes of patchouli and amber. After about 30 minutes the incense becomes more emergent and provides an unusual smoke twist to what is already an interesting fragrance. Overall it is quite a subtle fragrance which would be very much appreciated by customers who prefer quiet scents.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:37 pm

An alternate working name could have been Christmas Night!  The fir, spruce, bayberry, and mint all help create a Christmas tableau in my mind.  These notes give the base a more masculine slant, but it's definitely unisex. I'm really surprised there's not more love for this, it's really quite nice!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:16 am

Something about this has a watery, clean and musky men's cologne feel. I definitely get mint and spruce, and it smells just like snow and ice covered evergreens, with a background of cologne (Cool Water-ish? maybe). The amber starts to come in as it dries down, and serves as the pretty, warm, golden core to the icy, cool, clean notes.

I like how this is reminding me of a department store men's cologne (musk and watery clean), but with really realistic snow and spruce scents to it. It smells like a man put on cologne and then went outside to hike through pines covered in snow, and he just made it back home and smells so outdoorsy and sexy. I'd be all over a man who smelled like this, so I guess I need to slather this on the husband, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1