Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)

Go down 
+2
Ross W
Solstice Scents
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 pm

NIGHT WATCHER PREMIUM FRAGRANCE
Forest Floor, Tree Tops, Bark, Mountain Air, Fir Balsam, Juniper, Moss, Oud, Dried Herbs, Cedar Tips - 5ml

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Night Watcher is a mossy, woody, coniferous fragrance with elements evocative of the woods at night. The mood of this fragrance is quiet and introspective yet watchful and alert. Cool stone, damp forest floor and plush moss combine with fir balsam, juniper and cedar tips to produce a woodland blend with a lot of depth. Dried herbs, along with a variety of other fragrance oils, were used to create a feather accord to suggest the presence of owl feathers. The result is a dry and musky note that adds an additional layer to the forest-heavy base. On initial application, the moss and juniper emerges first in a green sensory cloud. As the fragrance wears, additional elements arise. The feather accord is displayed shortly after the mossy opening. The fir balsam and wood notes come out after the fragrance has settled on the skin for a while. Many of the other notes may not be individually detected but rather suggest the abstract concepts such as mountain air and cool stone.

Night Watcher contains a wide variety of essential and fragrance oils including but not limited to: dirt accord, fir balsam, juniper berry, cedar, moss accord, oud, sandalwood, vetiver, orris root, feather accord, amber, clary sage, nagarmotha, ambrette seed and more. Unisex leaning masculine. Women who enjoy atmospheric woods fragrances may also enjoy Night Watcher.

NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Nightw11
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 3:56 am

At first this was not my favourite of the Woodland Collection, but I have to admit that every time I test Night Watcher, I find it more and more attractive and compelling. Sweet, coniferous, green and slightly fuzzy, it has a mystery and lightness that is the yin to the darkness of Monarch's yan. The best way I can describe this work is that it is suggestive of the treetops of a forest rather than the forest floor. It is definitely unisex and will suit many women with the hint of the etherial night breeze as it whispers through the needles of the forest tree tips. The very subtle use of perhaps Clary Sage may provide the hint of feathers with a gentle Oud adding to the animality of an owl as it perches on a near by branch. Orris adds a very subtle richness. It is in the dry-down stage that I find the magic of this scent is truely revealed as I find it incredibly sophisticated and addictive.

P.S It is now several weeks since I first tried Night Watcher and it is now equal favourite of the Woodland Collection (and that is saying something as I find them all exceptional). My fascination with this fragrance continues unabated and I have been trying it on nearly every day. For me, one of the greatest compliments for any fragrance is that it holds my interest. It has been many years since a fragrance has captured me the way this one has. Guys will love it and many girls will too.
Back to top Go down
rebeccax

PostSubject: Re: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

I agree with the other reviewer that this one grows on you. At first I thought it was rather masculine but I've learned that less is more with Night Watcher. It was the only sample from the Woodland Collection that I tried and it was the strongest.
Honestly it reminds me of The Nature Company stores that used to be in malls about 10 years ago. I thought of dream catchers before even seeing that there was a feather note in this. Makes sense! I don't get a lot of dirt, mostly wood. It's a nice perfumey wood scent.
Back to top Go down
holly s

PostSubject: nightwatcher   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:17 pm

I am in love with this scent! I lean towards the forest-y woodsy blends in general and this one nails it. The fragrance lingers long after application and reminds me of literally being in the woods. There is an enveloping cool-warmth about it, if that makes sense. I highly recommend this one if you enjoy the smell of being out in the woods or like forest-type scents.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:33 am

This is another Solstice Scents that didn't work for me at all in oil form, but I love it in the edp. I didn't understand it at all in oil form. It smelled like baby powder, dead leaf litter and dark, sour moss. It's nothing like that in the edp. The edp reminds me a lot of Monarch (which is LOVE), but more complex and forest-y. There's a warm, musky undertone that smells like red musk to me, conjuring up images of warm fur, grape-y, incensey nag champa incense and red wine. Hints of crisp, natural, green juniper and fir. A little earthiness and dry woods. And it somehow really does smell like soft feathers and dry twigs lining a bird's nest.
Warm, rich incense and muskiness, evergreens, dry wood, and soft feathers. Very wearable, and one that I really like on my husband as well as myself.
Back to top Go down
avia

PostSubject: Re: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 pm

I would describe this one as a "cold" clean, woody scent. Kind of masc but it works great on anyone. This one wasn't as strong compared to my other oils and was mostly gone in 8 hours, but I liked the faded, worn in scent even better than the initial few hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

NIGHT WATCHER (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1