Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)

Go down 
+2
Sonia444
Solstice Scents
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 pm

HIDDEN LODGE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE
Dry Wood Blend, Oud, Woodsmoke, Spices, Castoreum (Botanical Interpretation) - 5ml

The industrious beavers have built an impenetrable fortress in a quiet section of a small lake, deep within the woods. This hidden lodge is warm, dry and perfectly protects its inhabitants from the harsh winter conditions outside.

Hidden Lodge is a dry woody blend with traces of spice and smoke and delicate animalic undertones. The dry wood portion of this fragrance is comprised of a number of fragrance and essential oils. Sandalwood, copal bark, cedar and amber combine with additional wood aromas to produce a diffusive, warm, dry foundation for this scent. The addition of the woodsmoke with very conservatively applied nutmeg and clove enhances the incensey slightly sweet woods. A touch of a botanical castoreum blend conveys a very subtle and enjoyable animalic hint to the blend. Natural oud adds a rich and intoxicating body to the total composition. Hidden Lodge smells very incensey, warm, woodsy, smoky and slightly spicy on the skin. The spices are more detectable after initial application and fade quickly to a subtle supporting role. On initial application, there is a sweet note similar to brown sugar along with a peppery zip. These nuances are an added dimension from the combination of wood and spice notes. Some of the woods in Hidden Lodge have a natural sweetness similar to that of caramel. Though this sweet characteristic is detectable, it is subtle and Hidden Lodge is not a sweet blend. Natural sandalwood and oud were used generously in this fragrance. Unisex.

HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Hidden10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Sonia444

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 am

A lovely, warming scent- perfect for those cold winter days/ nights! And great to cuddle with.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 3:13 am

Hidden Lodge - a beaver's dam hidden under snow, snug from the elements.

The child in me would like to believe that this is what Mr and Mrs Beaver's lodge from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe smelled like to Peter, Susan and Lucy. The adult in me revels in the richness of the woods, spices, woodsmoke and castoreum.

Hidden Lodge is a beautiful wood blend, heightened with spices, subtle smoke and a hint of non-animal analogy of castoreum. Excellent in every regard (as are the entire woodland Collection offerings). It is just perfect for winter nights to escape the thralls of winter chills. The 'castoreum' definitely provides a hint of skin sexiness that takes this way beyond a simple wood fragrance. The smoke emerges in the wonderful dry-down. One of Angela's best.

Last edited by Ross W on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melian17

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 am

I really didn't expect to like Hidden Lodge as I'm not usually fond of smokey scents or a lot of spice, but I was curious to sniff Angela's botanical interpretation of castoreum. Surprisingly, it turned out to be my favorite from the Woodland Collection! I agree with Ross that it is one of Angela's best fragrances so far.

Everything in this scent is so perfectly balanced and well-blended. There's that gorgeous oud note that I recognize from Manor, layered with touches of dry woods, hints of smoke and spice (just the right amounts for my taste), and an underlying warm muskiness. This is a warm, cozy, comforting scent that I find really addictive.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:18 pm

I've tried to wear this a couple times now and it's just not for me. My first wear, my notes say, "Smoky and dank. Plasticy lipstick, chemical leather, sharp woodsmoke, sweaty armpit and really waxy chocolate." Notes from my next couple attempts at wearing this all just say "Sharp woodsmoke."
Back to top Go down
mollyr

mollyr

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Reviewing EDP: “The woods are lovely, dark and deep…” This is so beautiful and soothing. My first thought was “forest” when I put it on: very much a scent of mixed woods and evergreen conifer needles. But the more I sniff it, the more I get warmth (that animal touch from the castoreum perhaps), a little outdoorsy smoke, and a particularly nice zip of clove. It’s a pretty subtle scent compared to many of the SS’s I’ve tried; it’s staying close to my skin. But as someone who always feels comforted by being beneath the boughs of our Pacific Northwest forests, I truly love this perfume. Keeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

HIDDEN LODGE (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1