Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)

Go down 
+8
considerthelilies
Shockwave
Melian17
Ross W
Jasmindreams2010
kristel0106
Georgie
Solstice Scents
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 pm

WHITE FOX
Vanilla Musk, White Fur, Wood Blend, Frozen Dirt, Snow

An elegant skin scent featuring a soft vanilla core accentuated with notes evocative of clean silky white fur. The White Fox pads through snow laced with veins of frozen dirt. A delicate wood blend accents the composition. White Fox is heavy on ethereal vanilla with traces of woody-vanilla musk. Whispers of this entrancing aroma hover just above the skin. A cool subtle frozen dirt note swirls intimately through the scent, along with the carefully restrained addition of cedar and woods notes. Soft, gentle, beautiful and tenderly balanced.

WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Whitef11
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

So White Fox is probably my new all time favorite scent. When first applied I get a burst of cold snow and woods, and then as soon as it begins to warm up it quickly settles into a soft, fluffy, vanilla. It's sweet, but not too sweet, the woods and fur keep it pretty grounded. I didn't know what soft white fur would smell like in a perfume, but I really do get that fur note and it just makes the perfume seem really soft. This scent lasts forever on me, which I'm quite happy about. It's cold, soft, and pretty, and a really perfect scent for winter (though I certainly plan to wear it year round). I really love this one and encourage everyone to try it!
Back to top Go down
kristel0106

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Bottle - Carmex

Wet - Carmex

Dry - Carmex

After 2 hours of wear - Carmex

So overall...Carmex. Yes, that Carmex. The lipbalm you can buy anywhere. That's all this scent smells like to me. It never morphed into anything else. It has the frozen/cool quality to it that reminds me of Snowshoe Pass and that's the only part of the description I can detect. Needless to say, this gets a pass from me.
Back to top Go down
Jasmindreams2010

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 am

This is lovely! I can see the correlation to a white fox. It's soft, outdoorsy woods and I can also sense the white fur note. It's rather like a warm sweater. I'm not getting any snow, or coldness from this scent, but I do have skin that amps woods and resins.
Soft, warm win!
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:19 am

This is a lovely, gentle fragrance that, simply based on the published notes and evocative description, was a sellout on release. The light and clean Musk has unusually been combined with what I perceive to be a rather dry soil note warmed subtly by a hint of a wood.  Its gentility can be perceived a feminine but certainly on my skin is easily unisex. I guess that it depends on the skin of the wearer how it will modulate. I am absolutely sure that on a woman it would be wonderfully feminine. On a man I suspect it is far more masculine. On my skin the vanilla stays tamely restrained with the soil notes pulling it further away from sweet. The musk very much blends into my own skin scent - augmenting and extending self.

It is, in a word as Angela aptly says, balanced. The outdoors soil and woods balance the intimate personal musk. Very refined in its simplicity and effortless in it's artistry.

Last edited by Ross W on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Melian17

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:35 am

Based on the notes and Angela's description, I fully expected to love White Fox, and I certainly do. The musk is soft and fuzzy, with a dry, non-sweet woody vanilla. Living in New Englad, I recognize the uncannily realistic "frozen dirt" and "snow" notes that Angela referred to. It reminds me of walking outside after a snowstorm bundled up in a cozy wool scarf. White Fox also feels to me like a softer, more outdoorsy cousin to Manor.
Back to top Go down
Shockwave

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 am

White Fox is icy vanilla and fluffy, soft fur with a background of winter woods and hints of an earthy, frozen forest floor.   It makes me think of Christmas in the country when I was a child, when we'd have to drive across the little mountains of cedars and pines to reach my relatives.  

On my skin, the vanilla adds a light sweet touch without being sugary or taking away from the warm fluffy fur and cold earth scent. White Fox is aptly named and a perfect scent for the coming winter months. Very pleased to have this lovely perfume in my collection.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Mmm, vanilla and soft dirt. This blend is so strange to me, as it's soft and feminine, sweet, vanilla-y... with dirt. Much like Winter Dove, it's not my favorite. The dirt doesn't quite go with the rest of the mix for me, but I definitely don't dislike it! It's like being outside on a winter's day and eating some untoasted marshmallows; very pleasant in a weird way, and like the rest of the catalog, definitely worth a sample! (There are a few I haven't tried though! But I'll get to them. Smile )
Back to top Go down
neveryoung

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Somehow this actually smells cold. It is a soft, musky vanilla that actually smells like snowy earth. The vanilla is there but it isn't very sweet or gourmand, it has more of a clean, ethereal feel. This is a beautiful, soft scent unlike any other I've experienced. I will probably wear this every day in the wintertime.
Back to top Go down
mollyr

mollyr

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:47 pm

It's got a sweet chilliness like vanilla ice cream, with some cedar-like wood and puppy-fur type naturalness making it wilder and fresher. Even better on its second and third wearings - cedar-ish mulchy wood with that wisp of vanilla to lighten it up, and something evocative of frosty dirt and snow. Good mix of earthy and sweet. Rather magical.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

If I could roll around in this stuff, I would.  It's a cozy vanilla with a haunting touch of cold dirt.  I can really sense that!  I put it on every night before bed and it mentally helps me stay cool.  It is very much a skin scent and stays close, but I sniff myself constantly when I wear it.  I just ordered the 60ml EDP so I can spray away!  Perhaps with a heavier hand, it will have better sillage; I would like to share this scent with the people around me and I think they would appreciate it too.

Edited to add: I received my 60ml spray bottle of this a few weeks ago, and wow....the staying power and sillage is much improved!  I reach for this often, and just love this wonderful scent. In fact, in the EDP I have to be careful not to over-apply. It's still on my top 5 list of Angela's scents. This is a real treasure I wear year round.
Back to top Go down
BigTree

BigTree

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Chilly vanilla fuzz. Unisex. The cold of the North does have a distinct smell that clings to your sweatshirt when you come in after shoveling the ice from your driveway, and this is similar to that smell in a Vick's Vapor Rub menthol-y way.

This reminds me of two items. The first is an event called the Healing Arts Festival. Coincidentally, there was a spirit guide/storyteller called Fox there. I went when I was quite young. In the evenings, we would all go into a big room and sit cross-legged on the ground. There were rugs made out of animal pelts spread on the ground, covered in crystals. We would all hum until our vibrations started to resonate. When your lungs ran out of air, you could take a breath and nobody would notice because there were enough people there to pick up the slack of your motionless vocal chords. You'd take a deep breath and start humming again, your vision swimming from trying to hum longer than you did in your last hummage. At some point this crescendoed to the point of feeling like you were in the middle of an angry beehive, and suddenly a shirtless man with a greased chest and a booming voice would signal everyone into silence with a final bellow. That man wore a loin cloth, also made from animal pelts. The smell from the pelts (the ones with the crystals on them, not the ones girdling the greased man) reminds me of WF.

The second item WF reminds me of is my ex-step-aunt, who built a house on the crest of a wooded foothill in the cold North. She had many animals, including rescued dogs. Some slept in the house, some slept outside in the snow. Both probably were the same temperature, as it was many moons before the house could be considered fully complete/walled.

With WF, I envision a lovable furball, wrapped up in a circle in the snow. Sleeping on his tail. Alternatively, a trapper has already come across our soft sleeping friend, removed his pelt, and sold it to you as a pillowcase.

Once I read the comment, I agree with the person who smells Blistex chapstick. Blistex: chilly vanilla pelt smell.

For a reference of whether your nasal inhalatory preferences are similar to mine, my favorite solstice scents are Old Havana, Vanilla Pipe Tobacco, White Fox, and High Noon. My least favorite are Pinyon Truffle, Sacred Vow, and Devil's Tongue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)   WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

WHITE FOX (The Woodland Collection, General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1