Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)   PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:30 pm

PINYON TRUFFLE
Chocolate, Pinyon Pine, Pinyon Resin, Swiss Stone Pine, Tonka, Vanilla

Not to be used by women who are pregnant or nursing. Pinyon Truffle is an all natural botanical perfume in organic cane sugar alcohol.

Pinyon pine has a somewhat fruity taste and scent that makes it uniquely suited to pair with gourmand notes of rich cocoa absolute and sweet vanilla and tonka. Pinyon Truffle opens with a bloom of pinyon and swiss stone pine notes with the chocolate just behind. The tonka and vanilla serve to soften the edges of the pine note. After the initial application where the pine is most apparent, the blend quickly settles into an earthy gourmand. The concept was to present a perfume that featured cocoa in a gourmand capacity to showcase the pinyon note as edible, but to also portray cocoa in an earthy non-gourmand effect. This duality serves to create a mouthwatering yet grounding earthy scent that is unique and unusual. The dry down is not a typical pine scent. When combined with the sweeter elements and the fudgy chocolate, the pine shifts into a slightly spicy cardamom-like note with a touch of the fruity pinyon needles and just a trace of the recognizable pine fragrance.

Shake gently before use. Natural botanical blend in organic cane sugar alcohol.

PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) Pinyon10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Shirohane

PostSubject: Re: PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)   PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm not very good at writing reviews so here goes nothing.

Pinyon Truffles smells like a piney, woody dark chocolate in a non-foodie way (if that's even possible). It's fairly unusual but works very well.

I have found that despite being all-natural Pinyon Truffles still lasts at least 4 hours (sometimes over 8 hours) with one or two swipes of the rollerball across the inside of each wrist.

When layered with Cocoa Absolute, the vanilla and tonka seem to have more throw, reminding me of a woody vanilla.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)   PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Mmm. Pinyon Truffle smells *SO GOOD.* I seriously want to lick my own skin when I wear this.

The chocolate, vanilla and tonka in this are a creamy, amazingly smooth, foodie dream, and they smell like sweet, expensive chocolate. First on, I get about 50% chocolate and 50% pine, and dries down to about 60% creamy, vanilla-y chocolate and 40% pine. It's very well balanced. There's a dark sweetness here that smells almost cola-like on my skin at first (minus the fizz) and almost like cola and an earthy, sweet chewing tobacco in the drydown. But mostly this is a glorious, creamy, sweet chocolate with vanilla edges, over a beautiful pine. The pine isn't sour at all (my usual problem with pine notes), but makes me think of sweet pine sap and crisp pine needles whipped into a delicious, glowing green liqueur, just for this truffle.

Pinyon Truffle is completely unisex, and smells dreamy on me and on my husband.

And I need to find some pine & chocolate truffles to actually eat, because I am now obsessed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigTree

BigTree

PostSubject: Re: PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)   PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Angela is a genius, so I feel guilty about negative reviews, but I just don't care for this one. It sounded intriguing, and I felt LittleBird's review was a great sign, but when I smelled it something made me queasy. I can only describe it like this:

Imagine taking a walk through a medium-growth forest. It's overcast. You are ambling along, feeling your arms swing limply along your sides, walking with your nose high in the air. You are maintaining a generous swayback posture, fancying yourself a misshapen Bigfoot-like creature but shorter. You get this irresistible urge to shove your nose into a pile of dirt underneath a pine tree, a pile filled with half-grown/half-dead mushrooms. You succumb to the urge, flopping down on your hands and knees. You notice in passing that you are growling and waving your head about wildly. You plunge in, knowing full well you have no business being down there, and your back feels strained from carrying yourself so awkwardly for the last mile. You just keep rooting around in that pile of detritus, getting little bits of fuzzy spores in your nostrils that you know are definitely not from the animal or plant kingdoms because they look too creepy even for the fairies of FernGully.
You hear a branch crack behind you, and you snap your head up in alarm. You don't want to turn around and find yourself face-to-face with a wolf or something, so you just sit there with dirt and fungus all over your nose and inside your nostrils, all the while imagining how frumpy your butt looks to the sharp-toothed carnivore behind you. You finally get the courage to turn around, and hey, you are happy to find that there is nothing there. Probably a squirrel knocked a branch down or something.

Yeah. It's kinda like that.

I gave it a couple weeks and tried again, yet still I couldn't enjoy it. Maybe you have to wait even longer for it to attain illustriousness? I don't get any cola vibe that LittleBird describes. There is some dark chocolate. I gave it to my brother with a pack of other Solstice Scents samples. When I asked him what he thought, he said he liked a bunch, but couldn't stand Pinyon Truffle. I think I accidentally put Maplewood Inn and Winslow's in with that pack. I say accidentally because I want them back.

For a reference of whether your nasal inhalatory preferences are similar to mine, my favorite solstice scents are Old Havana, Vanilla Pipe Tobacco, White Fox, Owlcreek Aleworks, Camp Willow, Foxcroft Fairgrounds, High Desert, and High Noon. My least favorite are Pinyon Truffle, Sacred Vow, and Devil's Tongue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)   PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

PINYON TRUFFLE (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1