Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)

Go down 
+9
buxomm
TXlaurie
sam364
LittleBird
rinster
SmellsLikeCake
greenphoenix
debibob
Solstice Scents
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) Empty
PostSubject: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 pm

CHERRY CORDIAL
Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Maraschino Cherries & Black Cherry. Contains Cocoa Absolute

Offered annually in a variety of products such as Perfume, Ganache, Glace and Whipped Soap. Offered in previous years as a bar soap with organic fair trade cocoa powder added

Description: A medly of black cherries and maraschino cherries enrobed in milk and dark chocolate. The scent of our popular soap now available in Perfume! Two different kinds of cocoa absolute are added to this blend to enhance the rich chocolate note. The blend starts out with a heavier cherry note but quickly settles down into a very nice gourmand blend of both chocolate and cherry. Juicy, sweet and edible smelling!

CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) Ccws110

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:17 am

I just found another bar of this in my stash! I love this-fresh cherries with chocolate-what could be better! It is wonderful in the shower=scents it up for a lovely olfactory experience. I am so happy I can enjoy it again having found my bar. Perfect as a Valentine gift for someone, or in a wedding shower gift.
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am

This scent sounds wonderful; I hope it's offered again for V-Day this year!
Back to top Go down
SmellsLikeCake

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 am

SO glad this was offered as a perfume this year!!! I love this scent; it's rich and syrupy. Doesn't smell artificial at all.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Thought this might be a little too sweet for me so I just ordered a sample, but this turned out to be drop dead gorgeous on my skin. It's a surprise win, so I immediately ordered a full size bottle and glace.

In two words: rich and voluptuous.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 am

Cherry tends to either smell like cough syrup or like kool-aid powder on me, and I find chocolate cherry to be way too sweet (both in perfumes and in eating), but Cherry Cordial actually smells really good to me. It's a lot like Cherry Vanilla Amberosia, which is the only cherry scent I've ever loved, lol.
The glossy, sweet, tart, red cherry here has an edge of something like bright, juicy citrus and green leaves that round it out. It doesn't smell like a flat, artificial cherry syrup. The chocolate is a smidge of earthy, lightly sweet, dark chocolate. The drydown goes just slightly powdery on me. Not sickly sweet or overwhelming at all.
I don't know if I'll need more of this, since I've already hoarded Cherry Vanilla Amberosia (which I still prefer for a cherry scent), but I think I'll keep my sample.
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Cross-posted from the green about the whipped soap:

The consistency is perfect; the color is a little darker than the others I've bought, but fitting for the scent; and the scent is an amazing, light, and balanced blend of chocolate and cherry. I'm in love! My second thought was that I should have ordered two.

I'd love for this to be GC.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Sam - this whipped soap has real fair trade organic cocoa powder in it which gives it the darker color. Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
sam364

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Sam - this whipped soap has real fair trade organic cocoa powder in it which gives it the darker color. Glad you like it!
I realized that after I had posted my review on the green and should have mentioned it here. My bad! CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) 2
Back to top Go down
TXlaurie

TXlaurie

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:31 pm

As with all their other scents, this one doesn't turn cheap-smelling or fake at all. It continues to smell like the real thing. The sweetness isn't cloying, though - just very pleasant, like a box of chocolate-covered cherries. Angela works very hard to assure accuracy in her scents and this is but one example of the excellence in their products.
Back to top Go down
buxomm

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:30 am

At first it's delicious cherry cordial, but it dries to a plastic tinged dirty cherry liquor. I had such high hopes, but these chocos aren't working for me.
Back to top Go down
elliejelly

elliejelly

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 am

Any fans of Black Forest who want to focus all that chocolate and cherry into one perfume, I think you'll enjoy this. The chocolate smells creamy, and the cherry does not have that annoying artificial cherry chapstick nonsense. I find this to be quite true to it's description and doesn't morph too much on my skin, but that doesn't bother me, because having the scent of chocolate cherries together throughout the day is nothing for me to scoff at Wink Like Black Forest, I find the staying power on this to be rather long, and would definitely last the day on me. When I wear it to bed, I still can smell it on me in the morning Smile
Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
sandi.james@comcast.net

sandi.james@comcast.net

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:37 pm

this is a win-win. I ordered it as a sample and was not disappointed. Its creamy chocolate and sweet cherries, but not too sweet or cloying, it has a smooth edge like a cherry coke as opposed to a sharp Dr Pepper. It lasts a long time, too, so I can smell delicious all day.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 9:05 am

A very delicious and definitely gourmand fragrance, that surprised me with how much I am enjoying it. For some reason I had mental associations with cherry cordial cough syrup a disgustingly sweet children's medicine. I can assure you that Cherry Cordial is the antithesis of that as it is clearly a precursor to Black Forest. However unlike Black Forest, there are no wood notes to add complexity. Instead Cherry Cordial is a gloriously simple and rich chocolate and glace cherry experience. I like the fact that it is not too sweet and that on my skin it does not change very much over time - the top notes are pretty much the base notes. Unusually for me, I enjoy the fragrance most as the sillage drops and it becomes more intimate. Definitely a cold weather casual day time wear, but one that speaks of quality of ingredients.
Back to top Go down
stellamaris

stellamaris

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 am

Cake!! This smells like Black Forrest Cake to me, it is just delicious, not plasticky at all, just rich and good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacktauna.com/dredlux/how.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)   CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's) Empty

Back to top Go down

CHERRY CORDIAL (Recurring Valentine's)
Page 1 of 1