Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)

Go down 
+9
buxomm
nsquared
tuffcookie
Renna
Sofa Nymph
LittleBird
sweetgardenangel
enchantedaromas
Solstice Scents
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) Empty
PostSubject: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:44 pm

CAFE MALLOWMEL
Rich Coffee Flavored with Decadent Caramel & Sweet Marshmallow Cream

Offered as part of our General Catalog in Perfume, Glace and Ganache

Description:  Rich coffee flavored with decadent caramel and sweet marshmallow cream.  Starts out with a strong coffee note and mellows quickly into a warm, sweet and golden coffee fragrance. The marshmallow emerges as the dominant note the longer that it is on the skin, yet a subtle coffee note lurks in the background.  Contains coffee essential oil.

CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) Perfum10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
enchantedaromas

PostSubject: Cafe Mallowmel   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 am

This is a BOLD coffee...yummy. It has just enough caramel to balance the boldness of the coffee without making it too sticky sweet. It's a sweet perfume, but not too sweet. I love layering the perfume with the ganache...heaven on a crisp fall day! I think I will wear this tomorrow. cheers
Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 am

Cafe Mallowmel, in the form of Burnishing Glace and Ganache, was my first foray into Solstice Scents!

I simply loved it. Nothing, but nothing, on my fragrance table could come close to this mix of coffee, marshamallow, and even a slight chocolate scent. That fact that its so unusual is my attraction toward the scent. This comes from a very "picky" fragrance user. Sad, but true. It's not often I would identify the scent as favorable, but so far, SS has provided me with plenty of scents that are compatible with my sniffer!

I wish this one would come in a Scrub! Coffee, either in the drinking form, or the fragrance, is always my favorite.

Staying power is excellent!
I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am

I have this in perfume form, and Cafe Mallowmel doesn't last long on me for some reason (Cocoa Mallow is super strong on my skin). When first applied, I get a burst of scent that smells just like opening a jar of instant coffee, but it quickly dries down to a light, sugary sweetness and no coffee on me. And the overall scent only lasts about a half hour.
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Wow! Very strong and exactly as you might imagine, perfectly described! This is not a keeper for me because I'm not really a fan of sweet or foody scents (I still have to try everything though, you just never know when you'll find that exception to the rule Very Happy ). This is entirely down to personal taste though, the scent is gorgeous otherwise, foody lovers must try it!
Back to top Go down
Renna

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:55 am

COFFEE! Very Happy

This is really strong, sweet coffee, and I think it smells delicious. Can't wear it (it is really strong on my skin and it's not something I exactly want to smell like), but I love how coffee smells. I don't drink it, but I like to stop by the coffee aisle in the grocery store and just inhale. Occasionally I'll grab a stray bean or two from the catch tray and bring them home just to sniff, and now I don't have to be a pathetic coffee thief any more. Go into my perfume, find Cafe Mallowmel sample, open lid, deep breath in through the nose.

Voila.

Back to top Go down
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 am

I love this scent! I found it very warm and cozy and comforting, which is not something that I had expected from such a coffee rich scent. It's creamy, which keeps the coffee from being too eye-poppingly bright. It falls in the same soothing category as Postprandial for me. Cozy and sweet but not sticky or cloying. A definite rebuy since I only got a sample size.
Back to top Go down
nsquared

nsquared

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 am

My gosh, how many times can I sniff my wrist in one day?

As a huge lover of gourmand scents (and chocolate) I am truly loving this. This was in a sample set I received recently. I'm slowly making my way thru the 6 scents and one thing is obvious: I will always have my favorite commercial gourmand fragrances on hand, but Angela is a master of perfume blending! Her perfume is, in my book, so far ahead of many dull and unoriginal scents you find commercially.

At first I smell like a fresh brewed vanilla coffee... Then hours later I'm smelling a rich chocolate and marshmallows... The longevity is amazing. It's so comforting, rich and soothing. I love it!

UPDATE: I had to order a full bottle. I want to smell like this for the rest of my life... Perfect for a chocolate/coffee love like myself.
Back to top Go down
buxomm

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:46 pm

This disappears very quickly and doesn't have a strong throw. It smells like coffee, but has a rubbing alcohol edge to it. I absolutely love this coffee note (except for the weird edge). It's sweet and a bit creamy, just like fresh flavored grounds. no marshmallow which is good for me.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 pm

This fragrance is like meeting up with an old friend because it is familiar and comfortable as a pair of slippers. Gourmet scents are wonderfully comforting and this house does them so well. Cafe Mallowmal is no exception and I find it very approachable and enjoyable. It is a simple, straightforward scent and I supect that is why it suceeds when so many other coffee scents from other makers do not.  

Despite coffee being such a ubiquitious scent, I have noticed that coffee themed fragrances are surprisingly difficult to get 'right'. I suspect that coffee while initially exciting and familiar, quicky becomes tiresome and annoying as a scent. That is why so many of the strong espresso style coffees are so small - it prevents sensory overload. You have your hit and then its done. This is of course where the dilemma of coffee fragrances lies. Drinking a good cup of coffee is a short experience (usually between five to fifteen minutes) that involves both the tongue and the nose, but wearing a coffee fragrance lasts much longer. The length of time factor is where many coffee fragrances can become just too much and too annoying. In order to avoid this characteristic, many perfumers try to add a number of other scents within a fragrance (analogies of cakes and biscuits are very common). While these can be initially interesting, they soon become confused and lack focus - they are neither one thing nor another. Caffe Mallow avoids this quandry by sticking to the simple theme of "coffee" rather than 'afternoon tea at the cafe'. The specific coffee note used is a great choice as it is deep and clear, but not too bitter. The caramel provides a rounded richness, but is never dominant. The darkness of the coffee is lifted by the 'marshmallow cream', but does not ever become cloying in it's sweetness, though I have to say the fragrance is on the sweeter side of the spectrum. I do not get the chocolately note that some people experience, but I have noticed that the coffee bean note does come through every so often. I guess this is the same as when you have a cup of coffee - most of the time there the cup is on the table and there is the aroma of the coffee mixture in the air, but when you actually have a sip, the coffee note becomes very obvious. 

While I am normally the sort of customer who craves longevity in a fragrance, I find the two hours Cafe Mallowmel lasts on my skin to be just about perfect. Like a real cup of coffee, if I need another shot during the day, I simply top up. Also like real coffee, the fragrance is somewhat addictive. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:18 pm

I originally got a sample of this eons ago, but wasn't sure if I wanted to smell so much like coffee! Now that autumn is coming I pulled it out again and find it very comforting and soothing. One of my favorite coffee houses is in an converted greystone in the Old Town neighborhood of Chicago. I went there on a very rainy cool autumn day exhausted after walking all over doing errands. The coffee and the roaring fire was like a magic elixir and remains a such a strong memory of well being that I'm tempted to get this perfume to bring that memory back on demand.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 3:00 am

This perfume smells like a delicious caramel macchiato to me. When first applied there's a strong burst of coffee but the coffee scent fades for the most part after about an hour and the remaining scent is a sweet caramel marshmallow with just a hint of coffee in the background. It's a really nice scent.
Back to top Go down
neveryoung

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Sniffing the bottle you get a strong, wet coffee smell. Smells like coffee grounds still in the filter. If I'm being honest the initial scent of this perfume is pretty gross to me (very acidic and reminds me of struggling to make coffee with a bad hangover), but once it dries the marshmallow and caramel start to come out. After awhile the marshmallow and caramel are most prominent. This reminds me of a sweet Starbucks drink, and the marshmallow has a very vanilla feel. Cafe Mallowmel takes awhile to develop, and on me that strong coffee smell hangs around for a good half hour. It also wears about 6 hours on my skin and seems to have stronger sillage than most perfume oils I've used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)   CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued) Empty

Back to top Go down

CAFE MALLOWMEL (Discontinued)
Page 1 of 1