Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ask Angela"

Go down 
+20
olfactorybulb
leolover
marileab
purpleglow
Harvest
greenphoenix
PonPon
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy
TheAnglican
Samengage
sweetgardenangel
lov2read68
AngloAngel
Liber Vix
alicious
Cats in the Cradle
katmish
SolsticeScholar
Rob
Solstice Scents
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob

Rob

"Ask Angela"  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm

sweetgardenangel wrote:
Rob wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:
Angela--Is there any way you would consider offering Enchanted Forest as a perfume oil again? I love this scent so much. I found that the salts and soap really help with sinuses and headaches and is just a gorgeous woodsy scent overall. Perhaps if I beg and plead. Wink

LOL!!! I just saw your post on the EF reference about wanting the oil and I was just going to post here that you should bed, plead, offer a relative for trade, etc., and maybe she will!
Twisted Evil

Is that a typo on "bed, plead,...." or do you mean "beg, plead..."???? Question Question Question

SNORT!!!!!! OMG, I HATE the auto fill in / correct on this iPad! It's put me in more than a few embarrassing situations with trying to guess what I was going to say and I never notice it until it's too late!

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

SolsticeScholar wrote:
Angela--Is there any way you would consider offering Enchanted Forest as a perfume oil again? I love this scent so much. I found that the salts and soap really help with sinuses and headaches and is just a gorgeous woodsy scent overall. Perhaps if I beg and plead. Wink

That one is pretty much gone for good but we'll see what happens in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:16 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

SS,

Have you tried Shoikan Grove? While it doesn't have the amount of evergreen/fir notes in it as EF, it certainly is in the same family and is a wonderful scent! Smile

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Rob--That autocorrect is a dangerous thing. I don't think my obsession has gotten to the point where I would bed others for perfume oil, but I would perhaps trade a relative, hahaha... Wink

I have Shoikan Grove and enjoy it very much for the colder months. I feel that as compared to EF, SG is a more "smooth" scent whereas I like the clear, crisp pine note that EF has with berry and resin lying underneath. I have to stop describing it because it's making me want it in the perfume oil again!!!
Back to top Go down
Samengage

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Angela - I know you mentioned that Manor would most likely become General Catalog, I just wanted to know if this was definitely the case and if it will be available in all its current product forms. (I never want to be without it!)
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Samengage, Manor will always be available in perfume and I will try to keep the ganache and glace available frequently (there may be brief periods of it being out of stock but it will become part of the General Catalog).
Back to top Go down
Samengage

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Yay! Thank you, Angela.
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi Angela:

Here's a quick question for you that I hope isn't overly complicated to answer. May I ask where you source your frankincense EO from? I've learned through correspondence from another etailer that frankincense trees are actually becoming a threatened species. I love my Travelers perfume, but I couldn't buy more if I knew that I was contributing to the loss of ecodiversity, since frankincense is one of its main components. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer about this.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi hun, not a problem at all. My Frankincense EO that I use in Travelers, Basilica, Inquisitor, Seance and Scrying Smoke comes from France. The endangered varieties that I am aware of are Omani, Ethiopian and Somalian. I do use another variety called Frereana (not endangered to my knowledge) in the Shoikan Grove blend.
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question, Angela! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Angela, out of curiosity, will any of the new winter collection scents have agarwood/oud as one of their notes? I have a bit of an oud obsession at the moment... Smile
Back to top Go down
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

i think i just died a little inside....is enchanted forest scent gone forever or just the perfume? I truly look forward to those salts..... I'd hate to have to pilfer Rob's collection and risk getting shot ROTFLMAO.....please let me know if the whole scent is gone forever .....I am scared to ask affraid

Thats one of my absolute Loves!! Never smell't anything like it....except a christmas tree.....and bathing with one of those could get a bit tricky..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

i think i just died a little inside....is enchanted forest scent gone forever or just the perfume? I truly look forward to those salts..... I'd hate to have to pilfer Rob's collection and risk getting shot ROTFLMAO.....please let me know if the whole scent is gone forever .....I am scared to ask affraid

Thats one of my absolute Loves!! Never smell't anything like it....except a christmas tree.....and bathing with one of those could get a bit tricky..... scratch

Morning, L4L!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the perfume oil is gone. I do know that a few months ago, Angela surprised us all with a release of EF in bar soap and salts.

I'm sure she'll chime in here about it. Smile

Back to top Go down
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Rob wrote:
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

Morning, L4L!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the perfume oil is gone. I do know that a few months ago, Angela surprised us all with a release of EF in bar soap and salts.

I'm sure she'll chime in here about it. Smile

THX dear!! G'mornin to you too!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Enchanted Forest salts are not going anywhere! I just have been so busy with the fall and winter collections that I have not had a chance to make any but will in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Enchanted Forest salts are not going anywhere! I just have been so busy with the fall and winter collections that I have not had a chance to make any but will in the future. Smile

You know if you stopped making them, I'd need prozac or something similar, right?? Shocked

lol!

Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Hey~ I have a question that's been on my mind for awhile. Do you use synthetic musks? Also, what is Egyptian musk made of? When I try and look it up I only find make your own with rose and patchouli
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Totally synthetic to both questions. I don't use any animal products like that.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:

You know if you stopped making them, I'd need prozac or something similar, right?? Shocked

lol!

Oh, good. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are one of my top favorite SS products! Very Happy Please make some soon.
Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Totally synthetic to both questions. I don't use any animal products like that.

I thought so, I just wanted to make sure~
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Angela- you need to release a Winter version of Window Box to help with Winter colds and stuffy noses. It's the ONLY thing that has been able to open up my cemented shut sinuses!

BTW- I'm using no other SS products until I can smell again! I refuse to waste them just so other people can tell me how good I smell! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:18 am

Ha! You need my Eucalyptus bar soap! That thing is potent. It has a real cooling effect on the skin and is pretty potent though. That's why I stopped selling that and the pure peppermint soaps I used to make...was worried someone would hate that. I know some of my stuff (Window Box) might also have a cooling effect, but I don't think it's that potent. I used to make a Peppermint and Eucalyptus bath soak and it would make you freezing cold in the bath but was unparalleled for pain relief!

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:30 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
Ha! You need my Eucalyptus bar soap! That thing is potent. It has a real cooling effect on the skin and is pretty potent though. That's why I stopped selling that and the pure peppermint soaps I used to make...was worried someone would hate that. I know some of my stuff (Window Box) might also have a cooling effect, but I don't think it's that potent. I used to make a Peppermint and Eucalyptus bath soak and it would make you freezing cold in the bath but was unparalleled for pain relief!

Ahhhh! Stop tempting me, I love bath products that have a cooling effect! One of my all-time favorites is good old Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Smile Angela, I think if you make some we definitely won't hate them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:45 am

Solstice Scents wrote:

I LOVE EUCALYPTUS!

A Peppermint/Eucalyptus BATH SOAK!? Ok.. I'm all over these. All you need to do is put a disclaimer on the product warning of the cooling effect and stop worrying that someone may not like them! Twisted Evil

BTW- Window Box has quite a cooling effect... the first time I used it I was like "OK.. WHO THE HELL PUT ICE CUBES ON MAH JEWELS?!?"

lol!

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:

I LOVE EUCALYPTUS!

A Peppermint/Eucalyptus BATH SOAK!? Ok.. I'm all over these. All you need to do is put a disclaimer on the product warning of the cooling effect and stop worrying that someone may not like them! Twisted Evil

BTW- Window Box has quite a cooling effect... the first time I used it I was like "OK.. WHO THE HELL PUT ICE CUBES ON MAH JEWELS?!?"

lol!

^^^ OMG! Ijust snorted coffee through my nose!! ROTFLMAO!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Ask Angela"
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next