Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ask Angela"

Go down 
+20
olfactorybulb
leolover
marileab
purpleglow
Harvest
greenphoenix
PonPon
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy
TheAnglican
Samengage
sweetgardenangel
lov2read68
AngloAngel
Liber Vix
alicious
Cats in the Cradle
katmish
SolsticeScholar
Rob
Solstice Scents
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

"Ask Angela"  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:
Ha! You need my Eucalyptus bar soap! That thing is potent. It has a real cooling effect on the skin and is pretty potent though. That's why I stopped selling that and the pure peppermint soaps I used to make...was worried someone would hate that. I know some of my stuff (Window Box) might also have a cooling effect, but I don't think it's that potent. I used to make a Peppermint and Eucalyptus bath soak and it would make you freezing cold in the bath but was unparalleled for pain relief!

I LOVE EUCALYPTUS!

A Peppermint/Eucalyptus BATH SOAK!? Ok.. I'm all over these. All you need to do is put a disclaimer on the product warning of the cooling effect and stop worrying that someone may not like them! Twisted Evil

BTW- Window Box has quite a cooling effect... the first time I used it I was like "OK.. WHO THE HELL PUT ICE CUBES ON MAH JEWELS?!?"

lol!

Were the jewels minimized? Laughing

Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Angela, is there any chance that a Ghost Glace will be offered? I refer spray oils for moisturization, and having an unscented one to choose from would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:24 pm

alicious wrote:
Angela, is there any chance that a Ghost Glace will be offered? I refer spray oils for moisturization, and having an unscented one to choose from would be awesome.

YES, Ghost Glace has been a plan for a long time. I just get swamped with collections and restocks so rolling out a new product can be hard. We'll have to do different labels so they will be the same sticker material we have been using (not the cool new scratch proof ones since those are ordered 500 at a time). Also the Ghost Glace will have a touch more oil that the normal glaces - not to make it greasy but to make it a little more moisturizing than the regular glaces, which aren't terribly moisturizing. I don't have a great ETA for it. I had wanted to have it available before Christmas but we'll see. I'll keep you posted though as it becomes a reality.

Originally I was going to offer a Opal Dust and Gold Dust Unscented Glace but as gorgeous as it looks on when first applied, it transfers something FIERCE and I could tell people would be so upset if it got all over their clothes and furniture - but I wish I could come out with one! I might do a dust product in another format - like a body powder or jelly one day. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:28 pm

cheers Hooray! Extra oils sound even better. The current formulation is nice for summer, but something oilier in the winter would be heaven. cheers

Opal or gold dust products sound amazing. I can see how they haven't made it through the testing phase yet! Cool
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Dearest Miss Angela,

Will there be another release of Black Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
Dearest Miss Angela,

YES! I just made a batch but have to cut and wrap it before I can list it. Stay tuned. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:
Dearest Miss Angela,

YES! I just made a batch but have to cut and wrap it before I can list it. Stay tuned. Smile

Wow, that is one popular soap!

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:
Dearest Miss Angela,

Wow, that is one popular soap!

I love how Black Christmas is dark yet festive at the same time.
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:26 am

Hi Angela,

When will the Botanical Beauty Bar be restocked? I would love to try this product! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 am

greenphoenix wrote:
Hi Angela,

When will the Botanical Beauty Bar be restocked? I would love to try this product! Very Happy

I really don't have an ETA on that product but will post when I do. It's not top on my list to remake. I'm not exactly phasing out soap offerings but they are very time consuming and the profit margin isn't very high so I'm having to rethink some things to keep SS moving forward.
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Angela, how long will an unopened Rosemilk Day Cream keep for? I have a spare because I thought I'd go through it much more quickly, but man, I hardly need any for each application! I love you
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 pm

alicious wrote:
Angela, how long will an unopened Rosemilk Day Cream keep for? I have a spare because I thought I'd go through it much more quickly, but man, I hardly need any for each application! I love you

Quite a while! Should keep for a good year, maybe even longer if stored in a cool, dark place and left unopened.
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Perfect. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 am

Ms. Angela-

I know you don't like to take requests...

BUT... Laughing

If you're ever thinking about a scent of salts to do... Quiet Night would be wonderful to have again!

I love you
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 am

Dear Miss Angela...

A friend of mine asked me a few days ago if you've ever sold your wares at a renaissance festival. She says it reminds her of something you'd find at one (which is a compliment, for sure!) between the container and how fragrant the Body Ganache is...!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Facial products without lavender?   "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Angela, is there any hope that you will expand your facial care line? I would love a pumpkin masque, or a rosewater toner, or more products without lavender (I'm allergic to it). The Rosemilk Day Cream and the Exquisite Antioxidant masque, however, are amazing!

Just throwing these thoughts into the Solstice Scents wishing well! flower
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:46 pm

I am also really liking the skin care items, which surprises me because I do have very finicky and sensitive skin. I just started using the rosemilk day lotion and it will be excellent for summer, plus it smells divine. I also have the toner for oily skin and both of the masques. My skin hasn't had a reaction or broken out to any of it, so I also would love more skin care stuff! I think once you mentioned doing something with AHA, which I would love. Or maybe a natural facial exfoliator or a fruity mask? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Liber Vix wrote:
I think once you mentioned doing something with AHA, which I would love. Or maybe a natural facial exfoliator or a fruity mask? Very Happy
Ooooh, yes!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi ladies, I have been putting off my AHA and BHA "Fruit & Cream" masque for way too long. I'm not as thrilled with the texture of it because it is way more viscous and...pulpy? It's because the fruit powders aren't as creamy as the coconut milk, honey powder, etc. It has strawberry, banana, pumpkin, honey, coconut milk, mango, orange and pomegranate. I guess I just need to say screw it and make sure to advertise it appropriately (re the texture) because it is a nice product! It smells a little weird too...probably the pumpkin and banana are the culprits lol.

That is really the only thing I have any plans on - since it has been almost two years and I STILL haven't released it, I had best stick with that and not go off dreaming about what else to add to the line. I still want to do my foak soak, foot balm, pain salve, healing salve, incense, and and and!!!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Pulpy is totally fine with me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

That sounds great to me too! But if the consistency is such that it doesn't really stick to the face well, you could always add some kind of manual exfoliator and market it as a scrub, cleanser, something of that ilk. But you are the expert and I will try whatever you offer! It sounds like something that would be really nice for summer. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
It has strawberry, banana, pumpkin, honey, coconut milk, mango, orange and pomegranate. I guess I just need to say screw it and make sure to advertise it appropriately (re the texture) because it is a nice product!

That sounds good enough to eat. And sounds like my face would be oh so happy with it. Mmmm!
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

I have been waiting forever to get my hands on the fruit masque--I don't care if it's pulpy I'm sure it will be awesome! Angela, please release this soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
purpleglow

PostSubject: fruit mask   "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 am

would love to see this Angela. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Ms. A! <3

Today's favorite scent is Travelers. Have you ever considered making this in a glace?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Ask Angela"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next