Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ask Angela"

Go down 
+20
olfactorybulb
leolover
marileab
purpleglow
Harvest
greenphoenix
PonPon
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy
TheAnglican
Samengage
sweetgardenangel
lov2read68
AngloAngel
Liber Vix
alicious
Cats in the Cradle
katmish
SolsticeScholar
Rob
Solstice Scents
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

"Ask Angela"  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:35 pm

I've thought about it, Rob but I am concerned about people spraying that clove and frankincense on them after a shower or using it in a bath. That is such a strong EO component in there and I think it might burn!!

Haven't forgotten the masques guys. Knee deep in work and also busy with my other job (spring time is our super busy season here). That's why I'm so quiet recently!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Bring on the fruit masque!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: White Amber   "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Angela,

I was wondering if you could explain the difference between white amber as a perfumery note and "regular" amber notes? I have seen quite a few perfume oils lately with white amber listed as a note and was curious. I know there is white amber in Tenebrous Mist and Chiffon but I can't isolate the white amber element of these particular scents. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Really hard to describe!! The reason you can't isolate them is because each of those perfumes contains a different white amber so the scent is not going to match where you can say "oh, there it is!!". Like regular amber, different suppliers have different interpretations. I've smelled resinous and golden ambers, floral amber, powdery amber, old mothball smelling amber...the gamut. I've smelled a few white ambers and they also vary dramatically but they both share characteristics of being light, clean and a little bit sweet. There is also a hint of a mild musk undertone.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marileab

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Angela,

I totally missed out on the Old Cedar Magus whipped soap. Any chance that you'll be restocking it any time soon?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

marileab wrote:
Hi Angela,

I totally missed out on the Old Cedar Magus whipped soap. Any chance that you'll be restocking it any time soon?

Thanks!

Not planning on it, I'm sorry to say! Focusing on finishing the fall collection and then it will be on to getting started on the winter goodies!
Back to top Go down
leolover

leolover

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Angela,

I am finally almost out of toner (I think I had about five stockpiled). I know you are working on the fall release, but will you have toner offered with the upcoming fall release or sometimes after that? Thanks!

leolover (Gwenn)
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:37 am

Hi Gwenn, it will not be out with this release but it is on the radar as a priority to make asap.
Back to top Go down
leolover

leolover

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:56 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
Hi Gwenn, it will not be out with this release but it is on the radar as a priority to make asap.

Thanks Angela! So looking forward to the Manor release tomorrow night!
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Angela, do you think you'll be making Ghost ganache and the Ghost salts to go along with the Winter Release? I still have a bit of both, but I'll probably run out in another month or so. The Ghost ganache is one of the few lotions or creams I can put on my hands if I have a particularly bad flare-up of dry skin, and the Ghost salts are great to use as sort of an all-purpose bath condiment with just about everything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

I will definitely keep this request in mind!
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks much!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:03 pm

TheAnglican wrote:
Angela, do you think you'll be making Ghost ganache and the Ghost salts to go along with the Winter Release? I still have a bit of both, but I'll probably run out in another month or so. The Ghost ganache is one of the few lotions or creams I can put on my hands if I have a particularly bad flare-up of dry skin, and the Ghost salts are great to use as sort of an all-purpose bath condiment with just about everything. Very Happy

I would love about 5 jars of Ghost Salts so I can have all kinds of different SS scented baths! (I'm even going to try an Attic Bath!!)

Thank you Angela!

Back to top Go down
olfactorybulb

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Angela, I'm curious to know if Snowshoe Pass might be back for winter this year? I wasn't a customer when it was released last year but I've read so many wonderful reviews of it that I would love to try it!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 am

olfactorybulb wrote:
Hi Angela, I'm curious to know if Snowshoe Pass might be back for winter this year? I wasn't a customer when it was released last year but I've read so many wonderful reviews of it that I would love to try it!

It will definitely be back this year!!
Back to top Go down
olfactorybulb

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 am

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
lov2read68

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
olfactorybulb wrote:

It will definitely be back this year!!
Reading this totally made my week, my month, my YEAR! I can't tell you how many times I've been told "Mmmmm, you smell good! What are you wearing?" when I've had this on. There is just something about this scent that melds with my skin chemistry. I wear it year round!!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Angela! I hope you'll see this post!

Question for you... I probably should have asked you if this was possible before getting it, but! LOL Is it possible for me to add some Devil's Tongue perfume to the Ghost Glace? I have an extra bottle of Devil's Tongue (you know that is one of my all time favorites) and would love it in a glace form.

If it would be ok to do.. how much would I add?

Thank you! I love you

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Rob! It is totally fine/safe to do. I just had never made DT in glace as it was a little pricier and we use a lot of fragrance in the glaces. It would take like about the whole bottle of perfume to scent that bad boy right. I don't want you to waste the perfume in case you don't find it strong enough so I'd suggest taking 1/4 of the glace and 1/4 of the perfume to get an idea of whether or not combining it all would be a strong enough result for you. This plan would work best if you could put that experiment in an empty bottle with spray top if you had one (make sure it's a new bottle that didn't previously have anything in it). Or, if you can tell from smelling the mixture in the mixing glass you're using that it is strong enough (you can even put some on to see instead of relying on cold sniff), then you know you can go ahead and mix it all together!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 am

Woo hooo! I'll try this today!

Thanks Angela! I love you

Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: The Mallow Family of SS Scents   "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 pm

I realized recently that we're accumulating quite a few scents in the SS canon that are at least partly a marshmallow note. We've got:

Apple Mallow (I hope this is coming back in the salts for spring!)
Black Mallow (one of my favorite SS perfumes)
Cafe Mallowmel
Cocoa Mallow
Roasted Chestnuts & Marshmallow
Rose Mallow Cream
Smoky Mountain Mallow
Violet Mallow

I haven't tried all of these. But, in thinking about the ones I had, I started to wonder if each uses the same "mallow" note, or are there differences? Can you satisfy my curiosity, Angela, without divulging any trade secrets? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes, I really like using mallow as a blender and I think it is a unique niche thing instead of amber or vanilla based perfumes. We started a mallow blends category under the Perfume section on the site too!

Yes, Apple Mallow will be back. No, the same mallow note is not used in all of the blends. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks, Angela! I'm glad that Apple Mallow is coming back.

Back to top Go down
mcfly85

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Yes, I really like using mallow as a blender and I think it is a unique niche thing instead of amber or vanilla based perfumes. We started a mallow blends category under the Perfume section on the site too!

Yes, Apple Mallow will be back. No, the same mallow note is not used in all of the blends. Smile

Even with different mallow notes, I have loved every one of them I've tried. They are a perfect uniquely-themed line and I really hope to see more in the future. Anything can be mallowed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ask Angela"    "Ask Angela"  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Ask Angela"
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next