Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)

Go down 
+16
jeng
Isabellacstar
Kristan1216
Harvest
shibamistress
Sofa Nymph
mysteriousjul
sweetgardenangel
Rob
LittleBird
rinster
sam364
tuffcookie
Pumpkinhead
HottieMcNaughty
Solstice Scents
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) Empty
PostSubject: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:37 pm

ASTRAL TEMPLE
Sensual Amber, Ginger, Orange & Clove Will Have You Soaring To View Your Akashic Records

Originally offered as part of the rotating General Catalog in Perfume, Ganache, Glace, Whipped Soap and Bar Soap. This scent has been discontinued due to a component no longer being available.

Description: Sweet, golden and otherworldly amber mingles with spicy ginger and clove and dances on a bed of freshly sliced oranges. This smells divine and deeply sensual and evokes the feeling of being in a still, dark room with nothing but incense smoke caressing you and flickering candles casting a warm orange glow from the boudoir. It is nothing short of trance-inducing, calming yet exotic and perhaps even a little dangerous.

Astral Temple starts out with a strong burst of fresh orange. Shortly after application, the orange fades and the amber, ginger and clove take first position. Unisex scent.

ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) Astral10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:14 pm

This is my husbands favorite scent ever on me. It's spicy and orangey and clovey without smelling like a craft store at Christmas time. It's warm and sexy and a great night time scent.
Back to top Go down
http://hottiemcnaughty.wordpress.com/
Pumpkinhead

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:51 pm

While this is not a "foodie" scent by any means, it oddly reminds of of food, or maybe even tea. It must be the ginger. Anyway, this is a very well crafted scent. Spicy, but not overly so. It is comforting for a drizzly day and lasts most of the day on my skin. I don't smell orange per se but there is a zestiness hiding behind the ginger and amber that must be from the orange included in the fragrance. While I like this scent and do wear it from time to time, I find that I'm more drawn to the earthier or smokier scents in the SS collection.
Back to top Go down
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:15 pm

This is my favorite scent on my husband. When he wears it, I think about sexy professors in large dark studies with big comfy chairs and a fireplace. It also reminds me of warm, sleepy cats. I think it just conjures up every warm, cozy image that my brain can handle.

For anyone who's ever tried it, it smells very close to LUSH's Bob Soap (also Gold, Frankincense, and Beer).
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Cross-posted from the green:

Just tried Astral Temple on my wrist since I was intrigued by its description and love all notes, except amber since I'm still undecided about it. Holy crap, I need more of it. Or all of it. I don't usually wear perfume, but I would wear this. I just checked the scent list on the site to see which mediums it's available in and died when I saw it's available as a whipped soap. It's OOS right now, but I'll be stalking until it's back. Think I'll need the ganache and sugar scrub, too. Oh, it smells so damn good.

(The whipped soap was restocked a few weeks after this review, and I now have it. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Subject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (General Catalog)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm

This may be a scent locket candidate for me as the lovely orange note tends to be fleeting. The remaining clove/amber is nice, but I wish orange were not such a volatile note on me.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:21 pm

When I first read the list of notes for this, I imagined that it would be Christmas candle doom on my skin, but it's actually very wearable and doesn't smell like I rolled around in Yankee Candle, lol.  The sweet clove, juicy orange, and warm, slightly woodsy amber smell almost edible.  The orange starts off strong and then fades more to the background after about a half hour (but doesn't fade away completely until the scent disappears entirely after about four hours).  I love Solstice Scents' amber fragrances and this one is super warm and comforting paired with the sweet clove.

ETA: Review of the 2016 edp:
This is very powdery, but not in a bad way (doesn't remind me of baby powder). It's a warm, dusty, amber-vanilla sort of powder. The hint of orange is almost creamsicle-like, but more dry and elegantly powdery than gourmand, cool or creamy. I don't strongly smell any of the spices in this version, but there's a quiet, sweet, church incense feel to the whole thing.

I feel like this envelopes me in a soft, warm, sweet, vanilla-y amber cloud with a haze of church incense and hint of the most gentle orange note ever. It reminds me a bit of Possets' Seraphim. I think I want a full bottle of this one.

Last edited by LittleBird on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 am

This is such a great scent for the cooler months, especially around the holidays. Like LittleBird said, you would imagine this to smell much like a Yankee Candle or even an orange dotted with cloves like so many of us made as children, but it doesn't.

The clove is a sweet clove, not overpowering or foody. Combine that with the orange and amber (which you wouldn't think would work) and you have a very pleasant mildly spicy scent.

As tuffcookie said, it is reminiscent of Lush's Bob Soap, but without the sometimes nasty base smells that Lush's soaps tend to have.

I definitely highly recommend this wonderfully blended cool weather scent!

Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:51 pm

This review is based upon the Burnishing Glace Mist and the Whipped Soap.

Astral Temple is just a beautiful, intoxicating fragrance! I think it is definitely a unisex one, too.

Although I had no clue on what "amber" consisted of, this base, I have discovered is really warm, and wonderful. With orange way in the background, and clove and other spicy mixes, I find it to be a personal, and NOT IN YOUR FACE, fragrance that has the ablility to warm up and send whiffs of a sexy, alluring scent. I love it. The Glace lasted at least 8 hours.

The Whipped Soap's consistency is right up my alley. It's really like Cool Whip and smells wonderful. I have found that a dense whipped soap is not to my liking. I don't like the idea of working in the shower to make the soap lather up. This is not that, thank goodness. It's very moisturizing and not drying at all. The scent of AT is there, in a subtle way. The scent, however, in the Glace, is much stronger and capable of sustaining long periods of time.

I'm discovering that Solstice Scents gives a bang for a buck when compared to retailers who charge $100 and the scents disappear altogether within an hour or two
. I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
mysteriousjul

mysteriousjul

PostSubject: Sweet and Resiny    ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:50 pm

I recieved a sample of this scent with my purchase and thought it had a very resiny type of feel and bright scent. I diluted the sample with some healing garden mandarin body spray thats a bit to light and now it just smells heavenly. I can take the perfume with me out and when i put it on it smells soo nice. cheers
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm

I wanted to post another review since my previous one was just nonsensical gushing over my fondness for the scent.

I finally added the whipped soap into my rotation, and all of the notes can be detected. The orange became stronger as the soap cured and was very clearly dominant in the jar. It's a beautiful blend that's perfect for the cool fall weather!
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I really like this but it is strangely similar to Scrying Smoke on my skin, which I slightly prefer, I don't get any orange at all. What I really enjoy about both of these though is the feeling of euphoria they engender, wonderful for those tired, stressed days when your spirit desperately needs a pick me up.
Back to top Go down
shibamistress

shibamistress

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 am

This is the second SS I fell in love with. Gorgeous! It opens with a burst of orange spice, like those clove oranges people make at Christmas. The orange isn't long lasting, but when it fades, I'm left the next golden part of this scent--the beautiful amber and resins that make this smell like something glowing golden. It is utterly magical too me, and one of my all time favorite perfumes.

I also love that I can put it on at night and still smell it in the morning.

I do also find it similar to Scrying Smoke, but I think this is much better--stronger, and it last longer. The sample I got of Scrying Smoke was just too light and mild in comparison.

I love this! sunny
Back to top Go down
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Why oh why did it take this scent being discontinued for me to find it and fall in love?

I ordered this with Black Leather Red Lace because they were going away, and after trying this one it shot up to being in my top ten of all time scents. All. Time. (Black Leather Red Lace is my top leather scent of all time. Mmmmm!)

On me, I don't get much of the orange (as in bright juicy orange), but the way the amber and spices mingle is simply amazing, and under it all I get an almost dried orange rind note that balances the other notes beautifully. I can see how this would be a beautiful fragrance in the fall, but I seriously cannot get enough of it right now in the heat of summer. It lies so beautifully on the skin, and even though the spices are "warming" spices, they provide a cooling contrast to our heat and humidity. I am so in love, and so heartbroken that it is discontinued.

I layered it today over the root beer float ambered sugar scrub and just about lifted off it was so fantastic. The mix of sweet and amber and spices is amaaaaazing.

I hope this one gets reincarnated somehow. This is too beautiful to no longer be on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Kristan1216

Kristan1216

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 am

I'm quite sad that this scent has been discontinued. It such a lovely perfume and I have a little bit left so I'm using it sparingly.

I hope Angela finds a way to reincarnate this delightful scent flower
Back to top Go down
Isabellacstar

Isabellacstar

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:29 am

This is the best news!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jeng

jeng

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:09 am

Got this in the whipped soap. I always like pomander type scents, so I figured I'd like it. And I do, thought the soap is a little light. I think I'd like it in the perfume as well.
Back to top Go down
Sweetkitty

Sweetkitty

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:53 am

Astral Temple is definitely one of my all time favorites!
In the beginning I was mostly drawn to pretty, girly scents like Pink Sugar and Nightgown, so I took a risk and got a sample of this one first, and I am so so glad I did. It smells so amazing! I feel like it smells a lot more "grown up" for me. It is my go to perfume when I want to feel bold and sexy. When I wear it I just cannot stop smelling myself, haha. It has such a warm and inviting aroma (im guessing the amber) , although simultaneously has a great intensity brought by the spices and the touch of citrus to accompany it. I also lasts quite a while on me, Must try!
Back to top Go down
stellamaris

stellamaris

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 am

I love this one, it's orangey and warm and resinous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacktauna.com/dredlux/how.html
theredkilt

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 pm

I bought the sample and the body ganache.

Sadly, this is not my cup of tea. The ginger/frankincense combo is not working for me. Resin fiends should try this one out.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Astral Temple was one of the first scents I tried, and not knowing what notes worked for me this sounded perfect! Sadly, my skin amps all things spiced, but I do detect the orangey notes in the dry down. This isn't a scent for me, but I can't help but bring out my sample every few months to see if that's changed... Very Happy Anyone with a love for oranges and cloves can't go wrong with this one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)   ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

ASTRAL TEMPLE (Returned 2013)
Page 1 of 1