Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What scent are you wearing today?

Go down 
+25
cait
greenphoenix
PonPon
TheAnglican
alicious
katmish
lynda
zombiesinatra
Ayambik
artemis2
greeneyedgirl11
Liber Vix
DancingFox
rinster
AngloAngel
leolover
sweetgardenangel
SolsticeScholar
Solstice Scents
bongbunny
Simone
nani
lyeneia
debibob
Rob
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ayambik

What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am

Today I was having a hard time deciding what to wear, so partly because of this, partly out of curiosity, I decided to wear BOTH Foxcroft AND Caramel Apple xD xD
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Yesterday was a Harvest Moon day... forgot about the warning on spice oils and damp skin.... Embarassed The irritation went away but, MAN!!! a little itch and burn on the inside of my elbow for at least an hour!

Today... FOXCROFT!!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Bummer AA! That inside of the elbow area is notorious for having reactions to oils in general. I guess since we fold our arms and it's not as breathable of a spot as the wrist. I'm sorry you had trouble there! But it's okay for you on dry skin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Bummer AA! That inside of the elbow area is notorious for having reactions to oils in general. I guess since we fold our arms and it's not as breathable of a spot as the wrist. I'm sorry you had trouble there! But it's okay for you on dry skin?

It's very okay! I had taken a shower and thought I was completely dried off... guess not! LOL I had finished styling my hair when I had put on the perfume. I wondered why the inside of my elbow felt a bit warm and it started to become red right in the area where I placed the oil... then it hit me! I actually started laughing! I couldn't believe that I had forgotten the reaction warning. jocolor And it only happened in one spot, nowhere else! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 am

Yesterday, I wore a cold weather favorite- Russian Caravan. I have to laugh every time I read the scent notes to this blend, because if I went strictly off of them, I would never wear it! It's really a GREAT fragrance though!

Last night after a long bath in Wail of the Banshee, I slathered on Spellbound Woods... which every time I wear it, I think to myself "You don't wear this enough!" What a fantastic scent!

Today is Gehenna day. I love the musky incense in this blend! I'm surprised it's not more popular in the "Favorites" poll, but I guess there's just too many good ones!

Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey guys ;D
Sage's Athenaeum today~ I keep forgetting to post, I got my most recent order like a week ago and got a sample of this one. My boyfriend liked the sound of it so I got a sample of it for him, I never thought I would like it from the description (I don't like tabacco or leather scents) but I really love it because it's so honey scented.
Also I got black mallow for myself, and samples of thornwood thicket and manor & a full sized blackburn farmstead for my sister for her birthday. I looove black mallow <3 it smells delicious. My bf wanted me to get a full size thornwood thicket, he doesn't like anise but I love it <3 I gotta say I really like thornwood thicket though. Right out of the bottle I'm not crazy about it (cherry vanilla ambrosia and cenobite also have the same starting scent, with thornwood and cherry I think it's the fruit?) but after awhile it smells amazing. Thornwood thicket and Sage's athenaeum I keep smelling occasionally even when I'm not wearing them, I like them so much. It's kinda weird. ;p Just thinking about TT is making me smell it xD
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 am

Today..... ah, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent... it will be perfect for the holidays - ENCHANTED FOREST!

Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 am

Yesterday I was multi layered in Pharoah glace and perfume. (Pharoah is kind of laid back on me sillage wise so layering gives it some extra oomph.) Mmmm--so golden and rich . . .

The day before was Black Mallow. This scent has such a distinct and fascinating morph! Late in the day I kept getting lovely wafts of vanilla marshmallow and for a moment couldn't remember what I had originally put on. It is defintely a play in two acts for me.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 am

Today will be caramel apple ganache with Halloween Night perfume-a great combo ! Smile
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 am

Manor! I'm so in Luv with this scent!
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Witch's Cottage, of course. Very Happy

But, I also dab on Quiet Night every evening before I go to bed; such a relaxing, spa lavender scent! It really helps me fall asleep; LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:02 am

Let's see...

The past few days I've worn Tenebrous Mist, FOXCROFT, Old Cedar Magus, Astral Temple and today (in honor of the Winter releases), I wore Russian Caravan.

Seriously, that is a fantastic scent! I've said it before and I'll say it again... I never thought I would like it from the scent notes... but it's wonderful! ::sniff sniff::

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

Today was the perfect day for me to wear Inquisitor. It's quite cold outside and you can almost feel Winter in the air.

Inquisitor is amazing... It ages soooo well in the bottle. I forgot just how much I love its dark, resinous scent!

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm

I have been wearing OCM the past few days. I haven't worn it in awhile and I keep thinking to myself "Oh my God I smell good!" Haha. Very Happy

Also loving Shoikan Grove lately!
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Today I used Blueberry Muffin Batter soap, Blackburn Farmstead ganache, and Thornwood Thicket perfume. Any more berry and I think I'll turn into one like Violet Beauregarde ("Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!") jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
I have been wearing OCM the past few days. I haven't worn it in awhile and I keep thinking to myself "Oh my God I smell good!" Haha. Very Happy

Also loving Shoikan Grove lately!

SS- you do know OCM is my all time favorite, don't you?? LOL.. scent twin! cheers

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm

That I do, Rob! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Ah, cold day today! It called for something RESINOUS of course! lol!

SCRYING SMOKE!! I can't stop smelling myself. The frankincense & myrrh resins.. burning away. I love you

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am

Today I am wearing absolutely NOTHING! affraid

I mean, I am wearing clothes, but I'm scentless today in anticipation of my WINTER order arriving!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Hmmmm.... which scent to try first!? Flintlock or Night Star? Hmmmmm

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am

Flintlock on the right and Night Star on the left and sniff back and forth! And Outpost on the right knee and Snowshoe Pass on the left knee LOL!!!

(This is how I have to do it when formulating a variety of scents at one time. Normally, I start the blending and can do no more than two scents per day when starting to formulate, if that. This is because my nose gets what we call "burnt", which means that we either can't really smell the scent anymore or it is very faint or we just can't smell it properly. So I can't just keep working on a scent for hours straight and be done because of this phenomenon. I have to get started, let the notes synergize and then keep skin testing. Not to mention, the blend has to cure until at least the next day because of that synergizing effect. Once several scents are made, I continue testing them everyday, tweaking, etc. and since there are multiple scents they have to be tested in multiple areas!).

Oh, I am currently wearing Outpost. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm wearing a weird combo. I just made more Manor and Foxcroft perfumes. I had them sitting on the counter and kept smelling something really good. I somehow didn't put 2 and 2 together until just now - the awesome smell was the Manor and Foxcroft mix. So I put both on (layered them) and wow...loving the combo. Yeah, it's kind of weird but to me, it smells really really good.

We're having one of those weird days that started off mild and has been getting progressively colder. It's awesome with that going on and Foxnor (or Mancroft lol) on my wrist!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm wearing FLINTLOCK today and boy, I really do like this scent!

I think the first day I wore it, I didn't shake it because I mainly got the evergreen and leather notes... but today, there's MUCH more to the scent than there was the first time.

I'm getting smoke, woods and spice along with it too... I love you

Outpost might be in for some competition for #1! LOL

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Angela--I tried your Manor/Foxcroft combo and it does smell really good. I think the "dying leaf" aspect of Foxcroft works well with the agarwood note of Manor and the vanilla helps to temper Foxcroft's greenness. I imagine Foxcroft would be good layered with Spellbound Woods as well.

Rob--I hear you, haha. Try layering Flintlock with Shoikan Grove. It adds a nice smooth leather element to Shoikan's smooth dark woods. To my nose, Flintlock is like a lighter Shoikan with leather.

I still need to try the other combo Angela recommended in the winter release update, which I think was Outpost and Night Star. Smile
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
I'm wearing a weird combo. I just made more Manor and Foxcroft perfumes. I had them sitting on the counter and kept smelling something really good. I somehow didn't put 2 and 2 together until just now - the awesome smell was the Manor and Foxcroft mix. So I put both on (layered them) and wow...loving the combo. Yeah, it's kind of weird but to me, it smells really really good.

We're having one of those weird days that started off mild and has been getting progressively colder. It's awesome with that going on and Foxnor (or Mancroft lol) on my wrist!

Shocked OhEmGee!!! I am so going to have to try this tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 am

Ok... I've never done any layering of SS perfumes because I love the way they smell by themselves, BUT... these combos certainly are sounding very interesting!

I think we should create a forum topic for layering and combinations of scents!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What scent are you wearing today?   What scent are you wearing today? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What scent are you wearing today?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next